We are seeking enthusiastic, pragmatic candidates who understand that a happy team is a hardworking team and that honest communication is vital for getting projects done. Construction coordinator can expect to work with teams of various sizes and with budgets that constantly shift and change. Working with Bahamian building codes and laws, and liaising with owners, clients, workers and inspectors is all part of an ordinary day’s work. The applicant should have a firm grasp of site works, concrete & masonry work, electrical, plumbing and carpentry work, excellent interpersonal communication skills, and a steadfast approach to cost and schedule management.
To be successful as a construction coordinator you should be an optimistic, calm, perceptive problem-solver. Ideal candidates will have exceptional analytical and time-management skills, an ability to identify and utilize the different skills and talents of workers, a basic understanding of project management software and an unflinching respect for modern standard practices, rules and regulations.
Construction Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Managing the quality of work and budget costs.
- Communicating with clients, developers, architects and engineers.
- Preparing work schedules for contractors and laborers.
- Identifying, developing and utilizing the talent pool to maximize productivity and quality of work.
- Adhering to both budgetary and time constraints.
- Visiting and inspecting building sites.
- Reporting on progress and challenges.
- Finding, employing and managing contractors and sub-contractors.
- Learning and applying the latest relevant knowledge to the work.
Construction Coordinator Requirements:
- Associates Degree or higher in construction management, engineering, or building science is preferred.
- 3+ years experience in construction required.
- Strong business and communication skills.
- Voluntary and additional certifications beneficial.
- Working knowledge of project management software, online collaboration, digital communication.
- Must have own transportation.
- Must be Bahamian or have right-to-work.
- Position is to commence early February.
- Job is based in Nassau.
- Evaluation period is 4 weeks.
- Position is initially a temporary position, to last 4-6 months based on project duration.
- Based on company portfolio and candidate performance, position may be extended or enacted full-time.
- Pay is based on experience and ability.
- Salary is paid bi-weekly.
- NIB is deducted as per Bahamian law.