On-Site Construction Coordinator
We are seeking enthusiastic, pragmatic candidates who understand that a happy team is a hardworking team and that honest communication is vital for getting projects done. Construction coordinator can expect to work with teams of various sizes and with budgets that constantly shift and change. Working with Bahamian building codes and laws, and liaising with owners, clients, workers and inspectors is all part of an ordinary day’s work. The applicant should have a firm grasp of site works, concrete & masonry work, electrical, plumbing and carpentry work, excellent interpersonal communication skills, and a steadfast approach to cost and schedule management.
To be successful as a construction coordinator you should be an optimistic, calm, perceptive problem-solver. Ideal candidates will have exceptional analytical and time-management skills, an ability to identify and utilize the different skills and talents of workers, a basic understanding of project management software and an unflinching respect for modern standard practices, rules and regulations.
Construction Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Managing the quality of work
- Communicating with company management
- Identifying, developing and utilizing the talent pool to maximize productivity and quality of work.
- Adhering to both budgetary and time constraints.
- On site presence during jobsite hours
- Reporting on progress and challenges.
- Learning and applying the latest relevant knowledge to the work.
Construction Coordinator Requirements:
- 3+ years experience in construction management or supervision is required.
- Strong business and communication skills.
- Voluntary and additional certifications beneficial.
- Working knowledge of online collaboration & digital communication.
- Must have own transportation.
- Must be Bahamian or have right-to-work.
- Job is based in Nassau.
- Job is project specific on a weekly basis.
- Pay is based on experience and ability.
- NIB is deducted as per Bahamian law.